In our home, our favorite way to start the day is with a smoothie. My kids love it because they get a sweet frozen treat for breakfast and I love it because it is easy, versatile, and is a great way to get the kids a whole lot of nutrients in a fun, frosty package.
We love all types of smoothies, from green smoothies stuffed full of spinach, to chocolate peanut butter banana smoothies that boast heaps of creamy protein and potassium. But my favorite smoothie, as of late is what we call a “White Gummy Bear” with the addition of chia seeds.
We make all of our smoothies at home nowadays, but back when we used to grab them from a local smoothie shop we would order one off of a secret menu called the white gummy bear. Come to find out that the main ingredients in that smoothie were almond milk and mango, I’ve taken to making our own version of it at home. We like to add in peaches and pineapple, as well. The banana keeps it creamy and the lemon juice gives it just a hint of tartness to balance out all the sweet fruits. The real star of the smoothie, however, is the addition of chia seeds. They are full of fiber, protein, omega3 fatty acids, and all kinds of nutrients! Plus they give the smoothie such a fun texture as they become somewhat gel-like when mixed into liquid.
What You Need
- 1 banana, peeled
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- 1 cup frozen peaches
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups+ almond milk
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Place the banana, mango, peaches, pineapple, lemon juice, vanilla, and almond milk in a high speed blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy. If the mixture is too thick, add more almond milk until desired consistency is reached.
- Add the chia seeds to the blender and pulse until seeds are well dispersed through the smoothie.
- Pour into glasses, insert straws, and slurp away!