Concrete isn’t just for sidewalks, buildings, and curbs—the possibilities for this easy to mix and quick to set material are practically endless. If you haven’t worked with concrete before, we have the perfect project to get you started. You can easily make this super fab concrete vase in less than 30 minutes.
Let’s get started!
- Concrete mix (available at your local hardware store)
- Plastic bottles, large and small
- Using a marker, trace a line around the larger bottle where you want it to be cut.
- Cut around the line.
- Repeat steps one and two with the smaller bottle.
- Mix the concrete and fill the larger bottle, roughly half full.
- Push the smaller bottle into the concrete mix until it almost reaches the top.
- Let the concrete set for 15 minutes.
- Remove the outer plastic bottle. This can be a bit of a pain if your bottle is thick. I used scissors to cut into the edge and then used pliers to pull off the plastic.
- Cut them rim of the inner plastic bottle to the same height and then the concrete.
- Fill with water and add flowers.