If you are like me, you’ve got a lot of long distance friends. I’ve moved a fair amount, always leaving dear friends as I do. I love being able to keep in touch through all the technology – instagram pics of the kids, tweeting back and forth, etc. But still nothing compares to good old snail mail when it comes to sending some love.
This party-in-a-box idea is perfect for those far away friends and family who are celebrating birthdays and other special occasions. Simply put all the items together and drop it in the mail! Your loved ones will feel a little of your love as they celebrate.
What You’ll Need
- Printable party-in-a-box label template (download here)
- Printable DIY garland template (download here)
- Cupcake liners (available here)
- Washi tape (available here)
- Polka dot balloons (available here)
- Striped Paper Straws (available here)
- Sprinkles (for the cupcakes, available here)
- Wooden lollipop sticks (available here)
- Gumballs (or other favorite candy)
- Glassine bags
- Cupcake flags
To make the cupcake flags, simply wrap washi tape around the lollipop sticks. Fun and easy! Place the cupcake sprinkles and gumballs in the glassine bags and seal with more washi tape (I might like washi tape a little too much).
I can’t wait to put a bunch of boxes together for a quick way to send out long distance birthday presents for 2013. This little box of party fun is sure to put a smile on anyone’s face.