Let’s make raindrop and puffy cloud edible fondant cupcake toppers! This is an easy DIY you can do with your little ones. These cupcake toppers are a fun idea for a weather-themed birthday party or for a baby shower for a little baby boy. Drip drop, here comes happy rain!
What You Need
- A small ball of white fondant (also known as sugar paste). Fondant is readily available at baking supply and craft superstores, or you can make your own marshmallow fondant.
- A small ball of blue fondant (I tinted my white fondant blue using gel food coloring in sky blue)
- A small cloud cookie cutter (or a fondant flower cutter, which is what I used)
- A teardrop shaped cookie cutter
- A rolling pin
- A small amount of cornstarch
- An edible food decorating pen in black
Roll out your white fondant to about ¼ inch thick, using a little bit of cornstarch and your rolling pin. Using your cloud cutter or flower cutter, cut out “cloud” shapes.
Using your edible food writing pen, create a simple face on your cloud shape. I like to just do two wide-set eyes and a simple mini-smile. I never do a nose because it takes away from the cuteness factor!
Roll out your blue fondant and cut out teardrop shapes.
Bring your raindrop to life with a swift and simple face! Well hello there, Drippy Guy!
Place your cloud and raindrop toppers on frosted cupcakes. It’s party time!
Have fun at your cloudy rain party, everyone! See you again real soon with another cakey DIY!Related