We try to celebrate everyday family moments as much as possible. Some of our favorite moments happen when we fire up the grill and plan a buffet-style barbecue for family and friends. This summer, we went back to basics with party favorites like fresh fruit, club sandwiches and salty sweet snacks.
In celebration of the Rio 2016 Olympic Games – happening now! – Coca-Cola is shining a light on the things the games inspire by celebrating the happy and humorous moments that go beyond the podium. #ThatsGold moments happen in our everyday lives, which is why were were thrilled to partner with them!
Just in time for the Rio 2016 Olympic Games, we developed several original snack recipes. No ingredients were off limits! We did a (friendly) competitive taste test and these were the undisputed champions…
- Toss 24 cups popcorn with 3/4 cup of grated parmesan.
- Mix in 4 tablespoons olive oil and stir well.
- Add 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped rosemary and 3 teaspoons of salt.
- Stir well and enjoy!
Himalayan Sea Salt
- Warm 1 stick of butter in a saucepan over low heat.
- Add 3 tablespoons of crushed Himalayan sea salt to 24 cups of popcorn.
- Stir in melted butter and enjoy!
Sweet + Salty Polka Pop
- Spread 24 cups of popcorn onto baking sheets.
- Sprinkle 2 cups of your favorite chocolate candy on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 3-5 minutes or until the chocolate melts.
- Season with sea salt.
This post is sponsored by Coca-Cola.
Coca-Cola has been a worldwide sponsor of the Olympic Movement for more than 80 years. Through #ThatsGold, Coca-Cola encourages people everywhere to celebrate the gold moments that happen everyday.
See more and tune in to the Rio 2016 Olympic Games now through August 21 only on NBC.