Meet Pascal and his pals, Panda and Parrot! He traveled the corners of the globe and came home with these exotic friends to delight and excite your child’s imagination. With a few discarded mailing tubes, construction paper, and Fiskars Squeeze Punches you can craft these characters in under 20 minutes. It just may be the first time your kids will be more excited about the gift wrap than the gift inside.
Bringing the characters to life is a cinch with the Fiskars Squeeze Punch. With a simple squeeze you can trim the mustache of the most decorated sailor or give flight to the intricately patterned parrot. It’s quick, precise, simple, and safe enough for the whole family. You can easily create embellishments of all shapes and sizes, giving each gift a totally unique personality.
Punch out a heart, turn it upside down, and voila! You have a perfect Panda’s nose. Using the 1/4 ” circle punch, Pascal gets two perfectly round, expressive eyes. And go crazy with the Seal of Approval punch to create bright plumage for Parrot. Easy!
If I had a penny for every idea my kids dream up on a daily basis, I’d be able to fill a hundred piggy banks. Which works out perfectly, because these guys double as super fun piggy banks! Just add a slot to the top. Pascal the sailor will protect your loot, his pet parrot will squawk if anybody comes near, and their pal the panda will do what he does best…sit there and look adorable.
What You Need
- Bright construction paper
- Double-sided tape
- Mailing tubes
- Fiskars That’s Amore Squeeze Punch
- Fiskars Round N’ Round Squeeze Punch
- Fiskars Block Party Squeeze Punch
- Fiskars Seal of Approval Squeeze Punch
- Fiskars 1/4” Circle Hand Punch
- Fiskars Detail Scissors No. 4
- Pascal, Parrot, and Panda printable template (download here)
- Wrap the mailing tube with construction paper.
- Use the punches and scissors to create shapes for the face. With all of the shapes and sizes Fiskars has to offer, the sky is the limit. Here, we used the Seal of Approval punch for Parrot’s wings. See the printable for detailed instructions for each character.
- Fianlly, use the double-sided tape to construct your characters. Place your gift inside the mailing tube and let the excitement start.
Click here to check out the complete collection of crafts that we created with Fiskars!
This post is sponsored by Fiskars.