We’ve been in a bit of a breakfast rut lately, but no more! These tasty peanut butter and jam breakfast pops have been a tasty addition to our mornings especially as we soak up these last few weeks of warm summer weather.
These breakfast pops are dairy-free and full of protein from both cashews and tofu. Plus, they’re naturally sweetened – the only added sugar comes from the jam you use. See the full recipe below, and watch the how-to video on Instagram here.
- 3 cups strawberries
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 10 oz (300g) package soft tofu
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 ripe banana
- Natural peanut butter
- Strawberry jam
- Add the strawberries, cashews, tofu, lemon juice, and banana to the blender. Blend until completely smooth.
- Use a knife to spread peanut butter and jam into the sides of your popsicle mold.
- Pour the blended smoothie into the popsicle mold. You can also choose to add additional layers of peanut butter and jam to the popsicles.
- Put the sticks into the popsicle molds and freeze overnight.
- Remove the popsicles from the mold and enjoy!
- If your blender isn’t very powerful, soak the raw cashews in hot water for about 1 hour before using. Be sure to drain and rinse the cashews before adding them to the recipe.
- Use your favorite jam here – we used classic strawberry jam, but if you use a homemade chia seed jam, this recipe will be even lower in sugar if that’s important to you.
- This recipe easily makes about 12 popsicles the size pictured, but this will vary slightly depending on the size of your popsicle molds. You can always freeze any extra on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper as bark instead! Just add a swirl of peanut butter and jam before freezing.
- This recipe is adapted from the strawberry yogurt recipe in The Plant-Based Baby and Toddler by Whitney English and Alexandra Caspero, creators of Plant-Based Juniors.