It’s summer and we’re in the mood to party! For today’s Stencil Week project, we crafted a super cute party hat alternative. It’s a snap to make, and your little party gal will love it.
- Handmade Charlotte Party Stencils (available here)
- FolkArt acrylic paint
- Paintbrushes or stencil daubers
- Embroidery thread
- Scrap fabric (we used cotton duck)
- Fabric glue
- Stencil the party hat onto the fabric . Next, cut a 3-inch felt triangle, a silver dollar-sized circle out of the interfacing, and another circle from the fabric with the stenciled party hat.
- Top stitch the interfacing and the fabric with the stenciled party hat together using embroidery thread. Make sure to insert polyfill before sewing it all together.
- Attach the triangle to the ribbon with a few stitches. Use fabric glue to attach the sewn circle of fabric with the stenciled party hat.
You can purchase the stencil as well as the other supplies you’ll need to make this party hat at JoAnn.com.