Turn a few scraps of leather and a zipper into the perfect accessory for a summer of love! Don’t let the idea of sewing leather scare you—even a beginner will fly through this simple project with ease.
Let’s get started!
- Pink & brown leather
- Pink thread
- Pink zipper
- Leather punch
- Cut your leather pieces. The length of the top side should be the same as your zipper.
- Before sewing the zipper, you need to glue it to the leather.
- Glue the zipper to the back sides of both the top and bottom pieces of leather (as pictured above).
- Cut a small heart shape using the pink leather. Punch a hole in the top of the heart.
- Run pink thread through the hole that you just made in the heart.
- At this point, the glue should be dry. Sew the zipper first and then the sides.
- Flip it inside out and attach the the heart to the zipper. Finished!