This may out me as a pretty strange person, but I’ve never been much for peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Don’t get me wrong, peanut butter is one of the greatest foods on earth, I agree. And who doesn’t love a bit of strawberry jam? It must be the bread. No, it’s definitely the bread. And I like bread, I really do. But combine all the aforementioned ingredients and it’s all just a little… meh.
So why not just eat peanut butter and jelly? I guess it could get pretty messy, seeing as the dismissed bread is what would have held everything together. So let’s do this peanut butter cup style, shall we? These peanut butter & jelly cups take only a few minutes to make and 15 minutes to set! Five ingredients and you’ll be in PB&J heaven, minus the bread. These make a delicious snack or treat that’s easy to grab on the go!
What You Need
Makes 12 Peanut Butter & Jelly Cups
- 1 pound Peanut Butter (natural is best!)
- 1 ½ tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- teaspoon salt (only add if the peanut butter is unsalted)
- ¼ to ½ cup jam or jelly (use flavor of your choice, we used juice sweetened jam to avoid added sugar)
- Paper cupcake liners
- Muffin tin
- Line a muffin tin with 12 paper liners.
- Place the peanut butter, honey, coconut oil, and salt (if using) in a blender (high speed is best) and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Divide the peanut butter between the lined muffin tin cups.
- Spoon 1 to 2 teaspoons (more or less, depending on your preference) of jam on top of the peanut butter in each cup, spreading it out so that it isn’t in one clump.
- Use a toothpick to swirl the jam around the top of the peanut butter.
- Place the muffin tin in the freezer for 15-20 minutes, or until cups have hardened. Store the cups in an airtight container in the freezer (or fridge) and let sit at room temperature (if frozen) for 5 minutes before eating.