This is totally indulgent… a warm, fresh baked brownie still in the pan, topped with ice cream and a drizzle of caramel. I reserve this dessert for special occasions: birthdays, a school performance or play after-parties, and last day of school celebrations. It’s always a hit and is so easy to put together.
- You can use your favorite brownie recipe here, either from scratch or a box, as long as the recipe calls for a 9-by-13-inch pan. I used this recipe.
- Ice cream
- Caramel sauce for drizzling
- Adjust an oven rack to the lower-middle position, and preheat the oven to 350F. Grease a 12-inch skillet with pan spray.
- Prepare the brownie batter according to the recipe, then pour the batter into the skillet.
- Bake the brownie for 22-25 minutes, until the sides and top have set. A skewer inserted into the middle will come out slightly wet with a lot of crumbs (the center will be a bit gooey-er than a regular brownie).
- Remove from the oven and move to a wire rack. Let the brownie cool for 10 minutes, then serve warm with ice cream, caramel sauce, and plenty of spoons.