There’s no need to wait for a trip to the ice cream parlor – these mini banana splits are decked out with all the good stuff! And, since they’re mini, you can enjoy without feeling you’ve overdone it. It all starts with a one-pot hot fudge recipe that’s delightfully chocolatey with just a bit of chew. You can even make a little extra sauce and keep it in the fridge for another day! Keep reading for the tasty recipe below.
Makes: 4 servings
For the hot fudge:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup corn syrup or brown rice syrup
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
For the whipped cream:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
For the sundae:
- 8 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1 large banana, cut diagonally into 1/4-inch thick slices
- Melt the butter in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the cream, sugar, syrup, cocoa powder, and salt. Bring to a simmer, turn heat to low, and, stirring often, cook until mixture thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in chocolate and vanilla. Cool briefly while you prepare sundae ingredients. Hot fudge can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 month. To reheat, microwave 10 seconds or warm in a saucepan over low heat.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whip cream to soft peaks. Fold in sugar and continue whipping just until stiff peaks form.
- To assemble the banana splits, add two scoops vanilla ice cream to four bowls. Add sliced banana, hot fudge, sprinkles, whipped cream, and finish with a cherry on top. Serve immediately!
Looking for more sweet treats to help keep you and your family cool this summer? Make the ultimate ice cream sandwiches with this collection of cookie recipes combined with the most amazing flavors of ice cream. Or if you’re craving summer berries, try out this recipe for mixed berry cheesecake ice cream! It’s no-churn, so it comes together easily without an ice cream maker.